- Attorneys, through Continuing Legal Education training sessions, will become well-versed in election law and then serve as team leaders to coordinate voter protection teams, provide transportation, stage logistics, and manage the execution of our plan.
- Non-Attorneys will serve on voter protection teams. These volunteers are crucial. They interact with voters to ensure that no eligible voter is turned away from exercising their constitutional right.
Call to Mobilization
Friends & Comrades: HABARI GANI – On the 100th year Anniversary of the adoption of the flag of Africans in the Diaspora (our colors above), we call once again for the mobilization of all soldiers in the Movement for Black Empowerment. Based upon what we have recently witnessed in the immediate aftermath of the 2020 General Election we know now that we must stay prepared for the continued assault to facing our community in more than a generation. We must stay prepared to defend the right to vote and the right to be represented by our democratically chosen candidates for elective public office.
We are recruiting activist volunteers to stand against ignorance and voter suppression through the O. V. Catto Voter Empowerment Initiative. Please circulate this to all our friends and allies who are ready to take a maintain an active stand for our voting rights. We must continue to “WALK THE WALK”. Spread the word to “raise the colors” and join us.
Below are eighteen municipalities in Pennsylvania, which hit certain qualifications regarding diversity, size, and voting patterns – where the O.V. Catto Initiative would want to partner with local churches, organizations and activists as part of an overall coordinated voter registration, GOTV, Advocacy campaign. Go to ovcattoinitiative.org
If you live in either of these jurisdictions, Please join us to protect Voting Rights.
- PITTSBURGH, ALLEGHENY COUNTY
- ALIQUIPPA, BEAVER COUNTY
- READING, BERKS COUNTY
- JOHNSTOWN CITY, CAMBRIA COUNTY
- HARRISBURG, DAUPHIN COUNTY
- CHESTER CITY, DELAWARE COUNTY
- ERIE, ERIE COUNTY
- SCRANTON, LACKAWANNA COUNTY
- LANCASTER CITY, LANCASTER COUNTY
- ALLENTOWN, LEHIGH COUNTY
- WILKES-BARRE CITY, LUZERNE COUNTY
- SHARON, MERCER COUNTY
- NORRISTOWN BOROUGH, MONTGOMERY COUNTY
- BETHLEHEM, NORTHAMPTON COUNTY
- EASTON, NORTHAMPTON COUNTY
- PHILADELPHIA, PHILADELPHIA COUNTY
- CITY OF WASHINGTON, WASHINGTON COUNTY
- YORK CITY, YORK COUNTY